Freshwater Crayfish 8:v
Freshwater Crayfish 8:vii
Freshwater Crayfish 8:vii
Freshwater Crayfish 8:xvi
PART I Taxonomy and Morphology
1. The Eurasian far-eastern crawfishes: a preliminary overview.
by J. F. Fitzpatrick, Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 8:1-11.
2. The definition and phylogenetic position of the genus Cherax (Decapoda: Parastacidae).
by C. M. Austin
Freshwater Crayfish 8:12-31.
3. Evolution in the genus Cherax (Decapoda: Parastacidae) in Australia: A numerical cladistic analysis of allozyme and morphological data.
by C. M. Austin
Freshwater Crayfish 8:32-50.
4. A checklist of freshwater crayfishes in Mexico (Decapoda:Cambaridae).
by L. F. Moles and T. B. Tistler
Freshwater Crayfish 8:51-55
5. Multivariate morphological variation in a population of red swamp crawfish, Procambarus clarkii (Girard).
by C. G. Lutz and W. R. Wolters
Freshwater Crayfish 8:56-67
PART II Distribution, Introductions, Eradication
6. Early history of signal crayfish introduction into Europe.
by G. Svardson
Freshwater Crayfish 8:68-77
7. Factors influencing the distribution and abundance of the crayfish Austropotamobius pallipes (Lereboullet) in Wales and the Marches, U.K.
by J. Foster
Freshwater Crayfish 8:78-98
8. Introduction and spread of alien crayfish in British waters implications for native crayfish populations.
by D. M. Holdich, I. D. Reeve and W. D. Rogers
Freshwater Crayfish 8:99-112
9. Distribution of three rare crayfish species in South Carolina, USA.
by A. G. Eversole
Freshwater Crayfish 8:113-120
10. Eradication of unwanted crayfish species for astacological management purposes.
by P. J. Laurent
Freshwater Crayfish 8:121-133
PART IV Stock Assessment, Population Biology and Ecology
11. Situation of the noble crayfish (Astacus astacus) stocks in Estonia.
by J. Tuusti, T. Paaver and A. Reier
Freshwater Crayfish 8:134-139
12. Stocks and prospects of the artificial reproduction of the broad-legged crayfish in Karelian water reservation.
by G. E. Novoselcev
Freshwater Crayfish 8:140-144
13. Report on red crayfish (Procambarus clarkii) from Nanjing, Jiangsu Province Peoples Republic of China.
by W. Xingyong
Freshwater Crayfish 8:145-147
14. The significance of a cold water (winter) period for molting, maturation and fecundity in wild-caught, adult noble crayfish Astacus astacus L. in Norway.
by T. Taugbl and J. Skurdal
Freshwater Crayfish 8:148-156
15. The proportion of mature females of the noble crayfish Astacus astacus, in ponds and under indoor conditions and the effect of trappability.
by L. Westin and R. Gydemo
Freshwater Crayfish 8:157-169
16. Life-history differences between crayfish Astacus astacus and Pacifastacus leniusculus in embryonic and juvenile development, laboratory experiences.
by A. Jonsson
Freshwater Crayfish 8:170-178
17. Ecology of red swamp crawfish (Procambarus clarkii, Girard) in the central meseta of Spain.
by J. L. Guerra and A. E. Nio
Freshwater Crayfish 8:179-200
PART V Exploitation and Population Dynamics
18. Crayfish traps employed in Swedish fisheries.
by A. Fjlling
Freshwater Crayfish 8:201-214
19. On the costs of trapping crayfish in central Finland.
by J. Jussila
Freshwater Crayfish 8:215-227
20. The estimation of a noble crayfish (Astacus astacus) population size.
by R. Lappalainen and M. Pursiainen
Freshwater Crayfish 8:228-234
21. Development of European noble crayfish Astacus astacus (L.) and American signal crayfish Pacifasticus leniusculus (DANA) populations in a small Finnish lake a 20-year study.
by K. Westman, R. Savolainen and M. Pursiainen
Freshwater Crayfish 8:235-248
22. Size and sex composition of the noble crayfish Astacus astacus L. in trap catches in Lake Steinsfjorden, S.E. Norway: effect of exploitation.
by J. Skurdal, T. Qvenild, and T. Taugbl
Freshwater Crayfish 8:249-256
23. Can catch per unit effort data (CPUE) forecast yield in an exploited noble crayfish Astacus astacus L. population?
by J. Skurdal, T. Qvenild, T. Taugbl, and E. Garns
Freshwater Crayfish 8:257-264
24. Effects of growth and mortality phenology on the cohort P/B of the crayfish Orconectes virilis.
by W. T. Momot and P. L. Hauta
Freshwater Crayfish 8:265-275
25. Population dynamics of Procambarus clarkii (Crustacea: Decapoda) in Portugal.
by A. M. Correia
Freshwater Crayfish 8:276-290
PART VI Breeding, Spawning, and Hatching
26. Domestication and breeding of marron (Cherax tenuimanus) in China.
by S. Xinya, H. Yukang, Z. Hong and Z. Shengyu
Freshwater Crayfish 8:291-299
27. The in vitro, culture of crayfish eggs using a recirculating airlift incubator.
by M. Matthews and J. D. Reynolds
Freshwater Crayfish 8:300-306
28. Obtaining and rearing of crayfish larvae Astacus leptodactylus cubanicus in an installation with controlled conditions.
by N. Ya. Cherkashina
Freshwater Crayfish 8:307-310
29. Effects of photoperiod on spawning of red swamp crayfish, Procambarus clarkii, at elevated temperature.
by A. J. Provenzano, Jr. and T. S. Handwerker
Freshwater Crayfish 8:311-320
30. Temperature and photoperiod effects on ovarian maturation, ovarian growth and egg-laying of crayfish Orconectes virilis.
by B. Portelance and P. Dube
Freshwater Crayfish 8:321-330
31. The reproductive biology of the Tasmanian freshwater crayfish Parastacoides tasmanicus.
by P. Hamr
Freshwater Crayfish 8:331-351
PART VII Nutrition and Feeding
32. Signal crawfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus) feeding on pond snails: optimal foraging?
by G. F. Warner, J. C. Wood and R. H. Orr-Ewing
Freshwater Crayfish 8:352-359
33. Choice and consumption of aquatic weeds by signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus).
by G. F. Warner and E. I. Green
Freshwater Crayfish 8:360-363
34. Responses of the red swamp crayfish, Procambarus clarkii, to different quantities and sources of dietary carbohydrates and lipids.
by R. Lochmann, W. R. McClain and D. M. Gatlin III
Freshwater Crayfish 8:364-375
35. Harvest of crawfish (Procambarus spp.) from a south Louisiana commercial pond: effectiveness of different baits and species composition.
by J. V. Huner and J. Paret
Freshwater Crayfish 8:376-390
PART VIII Environmental Requirements, Physiology, and Metabolism
36. Effect of temperature on growth and survival of the tropical freshwater crayfish Cherax quadricarinatus (von Martens) (Decapoda, Parastacidae).
by C. M. Jones
Freshwater Crayfish 8:391-398
37. Salinity tolerance of the tropical freshwater crayfish, Cherax quadricarinatus (von Martens) (Decapoda, Parastacidae).
by C. M. Jones
Freshwater Crayfish 8:399-409
38. Effects of salinity on growth in the freshwater crayfish Cherax destructor Clark (Decapoda: Parastacidae) in the laboratory and in ponds.
by B. J. Mills and and M. C. Geddes
Freshwater Crayfish 8:410-419
39. An overview of electrolyte regulation in the freshwater crayfish throughout the molting cycle.
by M. G. Wheatly
Freshwater Crayfish 8:420-436
40. The effect of water pH on postmolt fluxes of calcium and associated electrolytes in the freshwater crayfish Procambarus clarkii.
by F. P. Zanotto and M. G. Wheatly
Freshwater Crayfish 8:437-450
41. Simulating the crayfish burrow environment: air exposure and recovery in Procambarus clarkii.
by B. R. McMahon and S. A. Stuart
Freshwater Crayfish 8:451-461
42. Methyl farnesoate levels in the crayfish, Orconectes virilis.
by D. W. Borst, B. Tsukimura and M. Frinsko
Freshwater Crayfish 8:462-474
PART IX Aquaculture
43. The development of noble crayfish, Astacus astacus, culture on Gotland, Sweden.
by R. Gydemo
Freshwater Crayfish 8:475-489
44. Is it sensible to farm Astacus astacus in small containers?
by M. M. Keller
Freshwater Crayfish 8:490-494
45. Cherax destructor, C. tenuimanus and C. quadricarinatus (Decapoda: Parastacidae): a comparative review of biological traits relating to aquaculture potential.
by G. P. Semple, D. B. Rouse, and K. R. McLain
Freshwater Crayfish 8:495-503
46. Potential for a nursery phase in the commercial production of the Australian freshwater crayfish, the yabbie Cherax destructor.
by M. C. Geddes, M. Smallridge, and S. Clarke
Freshwater Crayfish 8:504-517
47. Comparison between two types of synthetic fiber as shelter for early juvenile marron Cherax tenuimanus.
by C. J. Fellows
Freshwater Crayfish 8:518-527
48. Effect of the crayfish, Procambarus clarkii, on the survival of the fry and fingerlings of fishes cultivated in China.
by S. Xinya
Freshwater Crayfish 8:528-532
49. Paddlewheel aerator use in commercial crawfish ponds.
by T. B. Lawson, J. D. Bankston, F. E. Baker, T. M. Hymel and M. G. Shirley
Freshwater Crayfish 8:533-552
50. Research priorities for procambarid crawfish aquaculture in the southeastern United States.
by J. W. Avault, Jr. and R. P. Romaire
Freshwater Crayfish 8:553-564
PART X Diseases
51. On the recovery of Astacus astacus L. populations after an epizootic of the crayfish plague (Aphanomyces astaci Shikora).
by M. Frst
Freshwater Crayfish 8:565-576
52. Frequency of visible symptoms of the crayfish plague fungus (Aphanomyces astaci) on the signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus) in natural populations in Finland in 1979-1988.
by V. Nylund and K. Westman
Freshwater Crayfish 8:577-588
53. A global review of crayfish predation with observations on the possible loss of Austropotamobius pallipes in the Welsh Wye due to plague.
by J. Foster and F. M. Slater
Freshwater Crayfish 8:589-613
54. Immune defense in Astacidae and Cambaridae: presence of lysozyme activity.
by E. Fenouil, P. Roch and D. de Hureaux
Freshwater Crayfish 8:614-622
PART XI General Topics
55. Notes on the burrow morphologies and nesting behaviors of adults and juveniles of Procambarus clarkii and Procambarus acutus acutus (Decapoda: Cambaridae).
by S. T. Hasiotis
Freshwater Crayfish 8:623-634
56. Location of molting and distribution of postmolt crayfish (Procambarus clarkii) in high density culture.
by D. J. O'Neill, T. S. Handwerker and S. Rebach
Freshwater Crayfish 8:635-647
57. Compensatory growth in juvenile red swamp crawfish, Procambarus clarkii.
by B. G. Bosworth and W. R Wolters
Freshwater Crayfish 8:648-656
58. A review and prospectus of sexual and interspecific pheromonal communication in crayfish.
by D.L. Bechler
Freshwater Crayfish 8:567-667
59. Sexual dimorphism and yield of edible products from a stunted, by commercial standards, population of noble crayfish (Astacus astacus Linne') in central Finland.
by J. V. Huner, O. V. Lindqvist and H. Knnen
Freshwater Crayfish 8:668-679
60. Crawfish marketing in selected cities of the United States.
by L. E. Dellenbarger, A. R. Schupp and H. Zapata
Freshwater Crayfish 8:680-687
61. Dissertations on Freshwater Crayfishes.
by J. F. Fitzpatrick, Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 8:688-689
PART XII - Appendix
List of Attendees
Freshwater Crayfish 8:691-696
Freshwater Crayfish 8:697-698
Freshwater Crayfish 8:699-716