Freshwater Crayfish 6:8-9.
THE PRESIDENTS OPENING SPEECH
Freshwater Crayfish 6:10-11.
STURE ABRAHAMSSON MEMORIAL LECTURE
1. Highlights of a half century of crayfishing.
by H. Hobbs Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 6:12-21.
SECTION I. STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION
2. The nervous system and its transmitters in the crayfish.
by R. Elofsson
Freshwater Crayfish 6:24-29.
3. Crayfish immunity: the importance of the prophenoloxidase activating system in non-self recognition and cellular defense.
by K. Sderhll and V. Smith
Freshwater Crayfish 6:30-41.
4. The paragnaths of Austropotamobius pallipes.
by W.J. Thomas
Freshwater Crayfish 6:42-45.
SECTION II. DISTRIBUTION AND DIFFERENTIATION
5. The freshwater crayfish of New Guinea.
by L.B. Holthuis
Freshwater Crayfish 6:48-56.
SECTION III. BEHAVIOUR AND REACTIONS TO A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT
6. The adaptable crayfish: Mechanisms of physiological adaptation.
by B.R. McMahon
Freshwater Crayfish 6:59-74.
7. Behaviour of crayfish juveniles during early stages of ontogenesis.
by J.M. Cukerzis
Freshwater Crayfish 6:75-86.
8. Aggressive interaction between Pacifastacus leniusculus and Orconectes virilis under laboratory conditions.
by W.T. Momot and G.M. Leering
Freshwater Crayfish 6:87-93.
9. The effect of river engineering works and disease on a population of Austropotamobius pallipes in the river Lea, UK.
by R.S. Lowery and J.B. Hogger
Freshwater Crayfish 6:94-97.
SECTION IV. LIFE TRAITS AND POPULATION DEVELOPMENTS
10. Factors influencing patterns of crayfish distribution.
by J.F. Payne
Freshwater Crayfish 6:100-110.
11. Ecology and production of Louisiana red swamp crawfish Procambarus clarkii in southern Spain.
by A.P. Gaud
Freshwater Crayfish 6:111-130.
12. The status of the Procambarus clarkii population in Spain.
by A.S. Habsburgo-Lorena
Freshwater Crayfish 6:131-133.
13. A report on some of the first introductions of Pacifastacus leniusculus into the UK.
by J.B. Hogger
Freshwater Crayfish 6:134-145.
14. The acclimation of Pacifastacus leniusculus in lake Divonne.
by P.J. Laurent and A. Vey
Freshwater Crayfish 6:146-155.
15. A stunted crayfish Astacus astacus population in central Finland.
by J.V. Huner and O.V. Lindqvist
Freshwater Crayfish 6:156-165.
16. Population structure and gut contents of the crayfish Astacus astacus in two Finnish rivers.
by K. Westman, J. Srk, M. Pursiainen and O. Sumari
Freshwater Crayfish 6:166-177.
17. Astacus astacus in Lake Steinsfjorden, S.E. Norway.
by J. Skurdal, T. Qvenild and D.O. Hessen
Freshwater Crayfish 6:178-181.
18. Growth, maturity, and fecundity of Astacus astacus in lake Steinsfjorden, S.E. Norway.
by J. Skurdal and T. Qvenild
Freshwater Crayfish 6:182-186.
19. Analysis of food utilized by Astacus astacus in Lake Steinsfjorden, S.E. Norway.
by D.O. Hessen and J. Skurdal
Freshwater Crayfish 6:187-193.
20. The yield of a heavily exploited population of Astacus astacus in Lake Steinsfjorden, S.E. Norway.
by T. Qvenild and J. Skurdal
Freshwater Crayfish 6:194-196.
SECTION V. MICROBES, PATHOGENS, DISEASES AND DEFENSE MECHANISMS
21. Crayfish pathology: An overview.
by V. Smith and K. Sderhll
Freshwater Crayfish 6:199-211.
22. Disease problems during aquaculture of freshwater Crustacea.
by A. Vey
Freshwater Crayfish 6:212-222.
23. The effects of the crayfish plague fungus Aphanomyces astaci on the haemolymph of Astacus astacus and Pacifastacus leniusculus.
by T. Jarvenpaa, V. Nylund, E. Railo and K. Westman
Freshwater Crayfish 6:223-233.
24. Crayfish mortalities in the UK rivers.
by R.S. Lowery, J. Hogger, J. Polglase and D.J. Alderman
Freshwater Crayfish 6:234-236.
SECTION VI. AQUACULTURE - MEANS AND METHODS
25. Synergism in crayfish farming.
by J.W. Avault Jr., R.P. Romaire, S.W. Cange, C.H. Day and V. Pfister
Freshwater Crayfish 6:239-242.
26. Mark and recapture of the red swamp crayfish Procambarus clarkii.
by R.J. Rhodes and J.W. Avault Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 6:243-246.
27. Crayfish Procambarus clarkii production in ponds receiving varying amounts of soybean stubble or rice straw as forage.
by C.H. Day and J.W. Avault Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 6:247-265.
28. Crayfish Procambarus clarkii production under two rice varieties, two levels of nitrogen fertilization, and two crayfish stocking rates.
by R.J. Rhodes and J.W. Avault Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 6:266-269.
29. Evaluation of eighteen artificial crayfish baits.
by S.W. Cange, D. Pavel, C. Burns, R.P. Romaire and J.W. Avault Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 6:270-273.
30. Pilot study on prawn/catfish polyculture with rice/crayfish rotation.
by S.W. Cange, D.Pavel and J.W. Avault Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 6:274-280.