Freshwater Crayfish 10:vii-viii.
TRIBUTE TO HORTON H. HOBBS JR.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:ix-x.
PARTICIPANTS AT THE 10th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
Freshwater Crayfish 10:xi-xv.
BIBLIOGRAPHY AND INDEX
Freshwater Crayfish 10:xvi
THE 6th STURE ABRAHAMSSON MEMORIAL LECTURE
1. Introduction of alien crayfish in the development of crayfish fisheries; experience with signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus (Dana)) in Finland and the impact on the native noble crayfish (Astacus
by K. Westman
Freshwater Crayfish 10:1-15.
SECTION I. SYSTEMATICS, EVOLUTION AND CONSERVATION
2. A preliminary examination of the molecular phylogenetic relationships of some crayfish genera from Australia (Decapoda: Parastacidae).
by Crandall, K.A., Lawler, S.H. & Austin, C.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:18-30.
3. Tail length variations among noble crayfish (Astacus astacus (L.)) populations.
by Gillet, C. & Laurent, P.J.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:31-36.
4. Studies on a mixed population of the crayfish Austropotamobius pallipes and Pacifastacus leniusculus in England.
by Holdich, D.M. & J. Domaniewski, J.C.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:37-45.
5. Interactions between three species of crayfish (Austropotamobius pallipes, Astacus leptodactylus and Pacifastacus leniusculus).
by Holdich, D.M., Reader, J.P., Rogers, W.D. & Harlioglu, M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:46-56.
6. Catch characteristics of the large freshwater crayfish, Euastacus bispinosus Clark (Decapoda: Parastacidae), and implications for management.
by Honen, J.A. & Mitchell, B.D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:57-69.
7. The conservation status of Australian freshwater crayfish: review and update.
by Horwitz, P.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:70-80.
8. The distribution and spread of the yabby Cherax destructor complex in Australia: speculations, hypotheses and the need for research.
by Horwitz, P. & Knott, B.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:81-91.
9. Conservation and management of crayfish in Britain.
by Rogers, W.D. & Holdich, D.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:92-96.
SECTION II. ECOLOGY
10. Energy and nutrient storage capacity of Procambarus clarkii in the Lower Mondego River valley (Portugal).
by Fernandes, M.A.S., Mendona, M.I.R., Marques, J.C. & Madeira, V.M.C.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:98-104.
11. Crayfish burrows and their paleohydrologic significance in Paleocene continental deposits, Washakie, Great Divide, and Hanna Basins, Wyoming, USA.
by Hasiotis, S.T. & Honey, J.G.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:105-117.
12. Growth of the large freshwater crayfish Euastacus bispinosus Clark (Decapoda: Parastacidae).
by Honen, J.A. & Mitchell, B.D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:118-131.
13. Trophic ecology of red swamp crayfish Procambarus clarkii (Girard) - preferences and digestibility of plant foods.
by Ilhu, M. & Bernardo, J.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:132-139.
14. Development of an introduced signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus (Dana)) population in the small Lake Karisjrvi in central Finland.
by Kirjavainen, J. & Westman, K.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:140-150.
15. The natural diet of the freshwater crayfish Cherax tenuimanus (Smith 1912) (Decapoda : Parastacidae) as determined by gut content analysis.
by O'Brien, B.G.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:151-162.
16. Contribution of crayfish to benthic invertebrate production and trophic ecology of an Ozark stream.
by Rabeni, C.F., Gossett, M & McClendon, D.D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:163-173.
17. The effect of a burrowing crayfish, Parastacoides sp., on the vegetation of Tasmanian wet heathlands.
by Richardson, A.M.M. & Wong, V.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:174-182.
18. Riverine post-stocking movements of noble crayfish Astacus astacus.
by Skurdal, J. & Taugbl, T.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:183-193.
19. A simple crayfish trap.
by Slater, F.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:194-195.
20. Seasonal activity of stone crayfish Austropotamobius torrentium.
by Troschel, H.J., Schulz, U. & Berg, R.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:196-199.
21. The development of a signal crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus (Dana) population in a small forest lake in Central Finland.
by Westman, K. & Savolainen, R.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:200-206.
SECTION III. PHYSIOLOGY AND ECOTOXICOLOGY
22. The effect of acute cadmium toxicity on marron, Cherax tenuimanus (Smith, 1912) (Family Parastacidae).
by Chambers, M.G.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:209-220.
23. Respiration and survival of yabbies, Cherax destructor Clark, during hypoxia and the effect of hypoxia on growth in the laboratory.
by Ingerson, T.I. & Geddes, M.C.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:221-229.
24. Calcium, magnesium, and manganese content of noble crayfish (Astacus astacus (L.)) branchial carapace and its relationship to water and sediment mineral contents of two ponds and one lake in central Finland.
by Jussila, J., Henttonen, P. & Huner, J.V.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:230-238.
25. Pigment granules from chromatophores of the freshwater crayfish Cherax tenuimanus (Smith, 1912) (Decapoda: Parastacidae).
by Klve, L.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:239-248.
26. Toxicity of ammonia and nitrite to juvenile redclaw crayfish, Cherax quadricarinatus (von Martens).
by Liu, H., Avault, J.W. Jr., & Medley, P.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:249-255.
27. The sublethal effects of unionised ammonia on growth of the yabby, Cherax albidus Clark.
by Lourey, M. & Mitchell, B.D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:256-266.
28. Concentrations of steroid hormones at different stages of the intermolt cycle in the crayfish Astacus astacus and Pacifastacus leniusculus.
by Mackevicien, G., & Chibisova, N.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:267-273.
29. Some observations on the condition of crayfish (Astacus astacus) in a river affected by peat mining in central Finland.
by Mannonen, A. & Henttonen, P.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:274-281.
30. Copper concentrations in soft tissues of the red swamp crayfish Procambarus clarkii (Girard, 1852), after exposure to a range of dissolved copper concentrations.
by Maranho, P., Marques, J. C. & Madeira, V.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:282-286.
31. Gill structure and function in the marron Cherax tenuimanus (Smith 1912) (Decapoda : Parastacidae).
by Price, M., Stewart, T.C., O'Shea, J.E., Withers, P.C. & Knott, B.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:287-297.
32. Toxicity of ammonia and nitrite to hatchling red claw crayfish, Cherax quadricarinatus.
by Rouse, D.B., Kastner, R.J. & Reddy, K.S.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:298-303.
33. The physiological condition and edibility of noble crayfish (Astacus astacus (L.)) in warm waste waters of a steel works in northwest Finland.
by Viikinkoski, T., Henttonen, P., Matinvesi, J., Knnen, H. & Suntioinen, S.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:304-319.
SECTION IV. IMMUNOLOGY AND DISEASE
34. A health survey of farmed redclaw crayfish, Cherax quadricarinatus (von Martens), in tropical Australia.
by Edgerton, B., Owens, L., Harris, L., Thomas, A. & Wingfield, M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:322-337.
35. Observations on Psorospermium haeckeli in noble crayfish Astacus astacus (L.) (Decapoda, Astacidae), populations in central Finland.
by Henttonen, P., Huner, J.V. & Lindqvist, O.V.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:338-351.
36. On the chemical structure and taxonomic position of the crayfish parasite Psorospermium haeckeli Hilgendorf.
by Nylund, V. & Westman, K.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:352-362.
37. The crayfish mortality register as an aid in the control of crayfish diseases in Finland.
by Nylund, V & Westman, K.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:363-373.
38. Histology and histochemistry of developing and mature spores of two morphotypes of "Psorospermium haeckeli".
by Rug, M. & Vogt, G.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:374-384.
39. A non‑invasive technique for monitoring the presence of crayfish in rivers, particularly in relation to crayfish plague.
by Slater, F.M., Davies, C. & Foster, J.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:385-387.
40. Occurrence and relative abundance of Psorospermium haeckeli in Norwegian noble crayfish Astacus astacus populations.
by Taugbl, T. & Skurdal, J.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:388-393.
SECTION V. AQUACULTURE
41. Growth and moulting in confined juvenile noble crayfish Astacus astacus (L.) (Decapoda, Astacidae).
by Ackefors, H., Gydemo, R. & Keyser, P.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:396-409.
42. Length - weight relationships of cultured species of Australian freshwater crayfish of the genus Cherax.
by Austin, C.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:410-418.
43. Effect of temperature and salinity on the survival and growth of juvenile red claw (Cherax quadricarinatus).
by Austin, C.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:419-426.
44. Laboratory observations on burrowing in different soils by commercially important procambarid crayfish.
by Burras, L., Blakewood, G., Richard, T. & Huner, J.V.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:427-434.
45. The role of organic matter in semi-intensive pond production of the yabby Cherax destructor Clark, using detrital forage.
by Chavez, J.R. & Mitchell, B.D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:435-446.
46. Overview of redclaw crayfish, Cherax quadricarinatus, farming practices in northern Australia.
by Curtis, M.C. & Jones, C.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:447-455.
47. Ecological observations of red swamp crayfish, Procambarus clarkii (Girard, 1852), and white river crayfish, Procambarus zonangulus Hobbs & Hobbs, 1990, as regards their cultivation in earthen ponds.
by Huner, J.V.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:456-468.
48. Evaluation of six diets fed to redclaw, Cherax quadricarinatus (von Martens), held in pond enclosures.
by Jones, C.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:469-479.
49. Growth and survival of juvenile Cherax albidus Clark cultured intensively on natural and formulated diets.
by Jones, P., Austin, C. & Mitchell, B.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:480-493.
50. Effects of kinship and shelters on growth and survival of juvenile Australian redclaw crayfish (Cherax quadricarinatus).
by Karplus, I., Barki, A., Levi, T., Hulata, G. & Harpaz, S.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:494-505.
51. Yield experiments with freshwater crayfish Astacus astacus (L.) in aquaculture.
by Keller, M.M. & Keller, M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:506-511.
52. Investigations of crayfish density and supplemental feeding as factors influencing growth and production of Procambarus clarkii.
by McClain, W.R.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:512-520.
53. Studies on ovarian development in the yabbie, Cherax albidus Clark.
by McRae, T.G. & Mitchell, B.D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:521-531.
54. A bibliography of the Australian redclaw crayfish, Cherax quadricarinatus (von Martens, 1868) (Decapoda: Parastacidae).
by Medley, P.B., Jones, C.M. & Avault, J.W., Jr.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:532-549.
55. The use of moult-staging in artificially controlled spawning of the yabby, Cherax albidus Clark.
by Mitchell, B.D. & Collins, R.O.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:550-559.
56. Density-dependent growth of cultured marron, Cherax tenuimanus (Smith 1912).
by Morrissy, N.M., Bird, C. & Cassells, G.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:560-568.
57. Techniques for semi-intensive culture of freshwater crayfish in Australia.
by O'Sullivan, D.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:569-582.
58. Crayfish production in Britain.
by Rogers, W.D. & Holdich, D.M.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:583-595.
59. Development of a water-based grading apparatus for live crayfish.
by Rollason, S.H. & McClain, W.R.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:596-604.
60. Factors influencing spawning of Cherax quadricarinatus in indoor hatcheries.
by Rouse, D.B. & Yeh, H.S.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:605-610.
61. Effect of dietary protein levels and beta-carotene on growth of marron Cherax tenuimanus in an intensive culture system.
by Tsvetnenko, Y., Santelices, M. & Evans, I.H.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:611-622.
62. Growth rate, survival and reproduction of noble crayfish (Astacus astacus (L.)) and signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus (Dana) under similar rearing conditions.
by Tulonen, J., Erkamo, E. & Kirjavainen, J.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:623-629.
63. Growth and survival as a function of density for marron (Cherax tenuimanus (Smith)) stocked in a recirculating system.
by Whisson, G.J.
Freshwater Crayfish 10:630-635.